Using Basic Troubleshooting skills he/she can identify diagnose and resolve the Basic IT hardware related problems. He/She can do primary level of fault finding and repairing for IT hardware. He/She can also perform tasks like Assembling PCs, Laptops, Installing RAMs, replacing Power supply are few such more services an IT hardware support technician can offer.
KLiC Hardware & Network Support
In simple words Hardware Support Technician is the one who installs, Troubleshoot, repairs, maintains various types of Hardware IT assets. These IT Hardware assets can be Desktops, Laptops, Printers, Scanners, Power supply, RAM, Cooling Systems, and Monitors etc.
What does an IT Hardware Support Technician do?
Why take Admission?
A hardware support technician can work with companies/enterprises having an IT infrastructure including desktops and laptops or the companies who are providing hardware sales and support.
He/She can do a job or can work as an IT Hardware Support Consultant. A fresher can draw up to Rs. 100,000/- p.a.
In any typical industry enterprise having even a basic IT Infrastructure including desktops and laptops, he/she would work with a team of such more hardware and network support technicians who would guide them. He/She can further pursue to become a System Engineer or a System administrator as per his/her liking and abilities.
Typically an IT Hardware Support Technician uses tools like IT Helpdesk, hardware monitors, and multi-meters for providing hardware support. Knowledge of few other tools like memtest86, CPUID (open source system hardware monitoring tool), and few similar open source tools can be beneficial for an IT Hardware Support Technician.
- KLiC courses are recognised by Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University (YCMOU).
- MKCL provides certificate to the KLiC learner after his/her successful course completion.
- Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University (YCMOU) provides mark sheet to successfully passed KLiC learners (Jurisdiction: Maharashtra).
- Batch Commencement: One batch in each calendar month (January to December)
- Date(s) of Application and Fee Payment by Learner: 1st - 30th day of each calendar month
- Date(s) of Learner Confirmation by ALC: 1st - 30th day of each calendar month
- Course Start Date and Date of Issuing Learner Login: Date of admission confirmation
The course focuses on practical knowledge and application. The aim is to make the learner efficient and to offer him or her rewarding career.
- The participants get the Overview of the course, use of tools and their application in real life
- He or She learns about available career opportunities, roles to be performed at the workplace
- Learner gets to know various parts, functions and inter relations of the tool
- At the Beginner Level, the learner knows the Simple Application Development Technology
- Encourage him or her to develop integral skills required to make them job-ready
- Identifying System Unit Components
- Input Hardware Devices
- Output Hardware Devices
- Basic Hardware Connections
- Modern Types of Connectors – USB, OTG, NFC
- External Hardware and Peripherals Connections
- Motherboard Overview
- Motherboard Components
- Understanding CPU characteristics
- CPU Cooling Techniques
- Multimedia Devices
- Identifying Storage Devices
- SATA Drives
- SCSI Drives
- Overview RAID storage
- Understanding laser printers
- Understanding Inkjet Printers
- Understanding Thermal Printers
- Understanding Impact Printers
- Setting up and Installing a Printer
- Wireless printing
- Printer toner refilling
- Installing Various Types of Hardware Components
- Readers and scanners
- CCTV and Surveillance system
- Computer Firmwares
- Assembling a PC
- Operating system installation
- UPS and Inverters
- Basic Electronics overview
Laptop Inbuilt Hardware components - Speakers, Motherboards & CPU Laptop Internal Hardware-Memory & Optical Drives Laptop RAM and SSDs Laptop Components- Express Cards * Laptop Components- Expansion Cards
- Servicing laptop hardware * Tablets vs Laptops
- Troubleshooting hardware devices
- Troubleshooting laptop components
- Troubleshooting Hard Drives
- Troubleshooting Printers
- Desktop chip level repairing basics
- Mobile repairing – Basics of mobile repairing
- Laptop chip level repairing basics
- Computer Safety Procedures
- Managing Computing Environments
- Managing Safety Hazards
- PC Hardware-Electrostatic Discharge Tools
- Computer and Laptop Cleaning Tools
- PC Hardware Diagnostic Tools
- Securing Computers
- Computer Hardware Recycling
- Communication and Professionalism
- Basics of Networking
- OSI Model
- TCP/IP Model
- OSI and TCP Model difference
- Network Protocols
- Network Topology
- Network Devices
- LAN, WAN and MAN
- Network Cabling
- Internet Connectivity Types
- Basics of IP addressing
- Classes of IP addresses
- Difference Between Static and Dynamic IPs
- Configuring DHCP for Small Network
- Network Ports
- Overview of DNS
- WINS vs DNS
- MAC Address Formats
- Troubleshooting of Networks
- Network Troubleshooting Tools
- Understanding Biometric systems
- Configuring Wi-Fi Network
- Wireless Standards
KLiC Hardware Support (KLiC Certificate in IT Hardware Support)
Skills: Identifying PC Components, Identifying System Unit Components, Identifying Storage Devices, Assembling a PC, Installing and Configuring a Printer, Troubleshooting and Maintaining Printers, Troubleshooting PC Hardware, Managing safety Hazards, Communication and Professionalism
Tools: PC Hardware, Hardware Monitoring Tools, Multi meters
Evaluation Pattern of KLiC Courses consists of 4 Sections as per below table:
|Section No.||Section Name||Total Marks||Minimum Passing Marks|
|3||Final Online Examination||50||20|
|4||SUPWs (Socially Useful and Productive Work in form of Assignments)||5 Assignments||2 Assignments to be Completed & Uploaded|
YCMOU Mark Sheet
Printed Mark Sheet will be issued by YCMOU on successful completion of Section 1, Section 2 and Section 3 and will be delivered to the learner by MKCL.
YCMOU Mark Sheet will be available only for Maharashtra jurisdiction learners.
MKCL's KLiC Certificate
The certificate will be provided to the learner who will satisfy the below criteria:
- Learners who have successfully completed above mentioned 3 Sections i.e. Section 1, Section 2 and Section 3
- Additionally, learner should have completed Section 4 (i.e. Section 4 will comprise of SUPWs i.e. Socially Useful and Productive Work in form of Assignments)
- Learner has to complete and upload minimum 2 out of 5 Assignments