- Retail industry in India is undoubtingly one of the fastest growing retail industry in the world. The retail industry includes shopping centers to malls to huge complexes with shopping, entertainment and food all under one roof.
- This course includes topics such as Augmentative Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) which are future applications in Retail Sector.
KLiC Retail Management
Retail Management Course offers every detail of the Retail Sector necessary to know while working in the industry. It serves as a hand-out of the industry. After completion of this course, you can work in any store or start your own business.
What you'll learn ?
- The upcoming trends
- The structure of old and new retail market
- Various opportunities in retail sector
- Various Government policies to support your business
- Taking your existing retail business ahead with online retailing
This course is recognized by Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University (YCMOU) and MKCL. YCMOU will provide the Mark Sheet and MKCL will provide the Expert Certificate subject to fulfillment of requisite criteria. Expert certificate is provided as the appreciation of additional work for the said course in form of mini-projects.
- Batch Commencement: One batch in each calendar month (January to December)
- Last Date(s) of Learner Confirmation by ALC: Last date of respective month/batch
- Course Start Date and Date of Issuing Learner: Login Date of admission confirmation
Learning methodology for a learner comprises of the following actions:
- The Academic Approach of the course focuses on the classroom based sessions, where the batch of students will be given video lectures via projector in a classroom setup.
- Smartphone based session end tests and results will be a new feature implemented in this course.
- Also this course uses technologies like Augmented Reality (AR) & Virtual Reality (VR) to explain concepts of retail.
- The ultimate objective is to empower the learner to engage in socially useful and productive work. It aims at leading the learner to his/her rewarding career as well as development of the society.
- Introduction to Retail
- Key terminologies used in Retail
- Types of Retail Outlets
- Financial Aspects
- Legal Aspects
- Retail Mechanism
- Consumer Behaviour and Expectation
- Communication in Retail
- Handling Difficult Customer
- Category Management
- Pricing in Retail
- Store Operations
- Retail Merchandising
- Retail Marketing
- Multi-channel Retailing
- Challenges in Retail
- Factors to consider before buying a franchise
- Hiring & Managing of Human Resource
- Customer Retention
- Technologies in Retail
- Trends in Retail
- Case Studies
Case Studies and Interviews
This course contain case studies based on everyday practical situations, occur in retail business. The case studies are based on the following retail business:
- Big Bazaar
We have also included personal interviews of successful retailers narrating their journey in the world of retail.
Evaluation Pattern of KLiC Courses consists of 4 Sections as per below:
|Section No.||Section Name||Total Marks||Minimum Passing Marks|
YCMOU Mark Sheet
Printed Mark Sheet will be issued by YCMOU on successful completion of Section 1, Section 2 and Section 3 and will be delivered to the learner by MKCL.
MKCL's KLiC Certificate
The certificate will be provided to the learner who will satisfy the below criteria:
- Learners who have successfully completed above mentioned 3 Sections i.e. Section 1, Section 2 and Section 3
- Additionally, learner should have completed Section 4 (i.e. Section 4 will comprise of SUPWs i.e. Socially Useful and Productive Work in form of Assignments)